Confirmation of Results and Replacement of Certificates
PAUL M WASANGA (MBS)
- The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) will implement the policy of issuance of replacement certificates to affected applicants who sat for any KNEC examinations from the year 1981 with effect from 2nd March 2009.
- The conditions for issuance of the replacement certificates are as follows:
- Applicants will be expected to complete an application form when requesting for a replacement certificate and submit it to the Council Secretary/Chief Executive, Kenya National Examinations Council, P. O. Box 73598 - 002000, City Square, Nairobi.
- Applicants will be expected to have a letter from the school/institution as evidence of having had an authentic KNEC certificate from a legitimate examination centre.
- Applicants who sat their examinations in a private centre or whose school/institution has closed down will be expected to produce a letter from the PDE/PTTO/DEO as evidence of having had an authentic KNEC certificate from a legitimate examination centre.
- Applicants will also be expected to produce a police abstract to show that they had lost their original certificate.
- A replacement certificate will cost Kshs 5,000/= and applicants will be expected to deposit this amount into any of the KNEC collection accounts either at Standard Chartered Bank, Cooperative Bank, National Bank and Kenya Commercial Bank. The applicants will then be expected to attach the deposit slip to the application form and submit to the Council.
- A replacement certificate will be issued within three (3) months from the date of request, subject to receipt of all the necessary documents by the Council.
- Applicants will be expected to collect the replacement certificate in person from KNEC on production of their original national identity card/passport and sworn affidavit of authenticity.
- Replacement certificates shall be issued only once.
- Further enquiries may be sent to the Council Secretary/Chief Executive, Kenya National Examinations Council via ordinary mail or e-mail at
for necessary action.
- Please inform all Heads of institutions that fall under your jurisdiction and ask them to inform parents and candidates accordingly.
COUNCIL SECRETARY/CHIEF EXECUTIVE